A little about me

My photo
I'm a 25 year old mom to one beautiful daughter. I'm engaged and we have two dogs that we refer to as "the girls". I've started this blog in order to see what a years worth of pictures is like from my view. I don't have a "subject" I'll be focusing on, but you can bet that quite a few of the pictures will be of my daughter. :)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

8-1-09

Well, I got the camera out quite early and its a good thing I did because I didn't use it too much but I caught a great picture of my daughter sitting on the couch.

She had just finished a rice cake and seeings as she is only 15 months and doesn't talk fluently we have taught her some sign language. She was telling me she wanted "more" rice cake.

This is about the ONLY time she has actually sat still on the couch to watch cartoons for longer than 30 seconds. I was quite impressed and shocked that she was still there when I came back from getting the camera.







*finger tips together means "more" However, she's not able to do finger tips at this time so she does fists together.













For fun I decided to do a "splash" of color on this photo. Of course while doing it the power had to go out multiple times. I have learned to SAVE OFTEN as Travis calls it. Butthead! LOL





















And my second picture (random subject) is a flower pot I planted in the freaking scorching heat. I didn't think it was that hot originally but it was more humid than anticipated which made it hard to get anything done outside.





The four flowers (Dahlias) in there cost me less than a dollar.
I happen to go by Bi-Mart yesterday. They were having a sale on flowers which I noticed the signs.

I purchased several flowers (Alyssum, Verbana, Dahlias, Geraniums) and 2 flower pots (the other is bigger than the one in the picture) all for $25.00

The 2 flower pots alone regularly were $30.00. I must say, I did a pretty good job getting a GREAT deal. :)

4 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so cute! I wish I would of taught the twins sign language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is never too late to teach them. :)

    We didn't start with our daughter until she was like 10 months or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww isn't she adorable! And the flower pot is very nice!

    ReplyDelete